[RC5] okay...who was the goon that put in exitrc5.now?

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Wed Jul 7 20:23:37 EDT 1999

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999 22:03:04 +1200, Jonathan Ah Kit wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>Until about a few minutes ago I couldn't figure out why all the Win32
>x86 distributed.net clients were exiting until I figured out someone
>or something had put in an exitrc5.now file in my clients' directory.
>:( Seeing I live in a house of technophobes and I didn't put it in,
>what could it have been?
>
>Just curious. :)
>
>Jonathan. :)

2.7111 win32 clients seem to be creating exitrc5.now on their own
somehow.  We're unsure how/why it's happening and are trying to track
the bug right now.  If you see such a file mysteriously appear in the
future, save a copy of it, then see if you can find any correlation
between its creation and something logged in the log file.  If you find
such info, send it to cyp at distributed.net and silby at distributed.net, as
it will help us track the problem.
Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at silby.com