[RC5] NT 4.0 service client - auto start/stop?

Alexei Anatski alexei.anatski at srm.ru
Tue Jul 13 11:46:44 EDT 1999

There is SU utility in Resource Kit, it may help.
You can run AT (schedule) service under account with necessary rights
(preferably create special user for this)
You can use "pause/resume file" functionality in clients (if you put pause
file on net share remember to run clients under account with network access)
You can install IE 4.0, this upgrades AT to "Task Scheduler" & give you
ability to specify account under which job should be executed. It also
provide "advanced" time scheduling options.

I'm sure there is plenty other ways to do it.

HTH,
    Alexei Anatski
    Russian Team