[RC5] NT 4.0 service client - auto start/stop?

Herman Verkade Herman.Verkade at computhoughts.com
Tue Jul 13 00:07:18 EDT 1999

Processes started by the Scheduler run as "LocalSystem". This is a built-in
account that is more powerful than Administrator, but does not have network
access. I am surprised that you had problems doing net stop and net start
from LocalSystem, as this account definitely has sufficient rights. You can
configure the Scheduler to run with a network account, which should then
allow you to use netsvc to do what you need to do on remote machines.

Herman