[RC5] Feature Req....Team Joining [insert groans here]

Paul West paulw at premier1.net
Mon Jul 12 20:10:46 EDT 1999

> I must say I don't see what the problem would be with team merging either.
> The reason's given were pertty vaild, if a team is created for a certain
> goal, and there is more then one team with the same goal, if they want to
> merge to that task then it should be allowed.  After all, its not like
there
> is prize money at stake or anything.

I can see potential for abuse.  The only way I think it would be fair would
be for a team to be able to dissolve itself.  When a team is disolved, the
former members would then be given a chance to join any other team they
want, with their blocks following them.

Perhaps the "Dissolve a Team" option could simply set the team number of all
that teams blocks to 0, which would cause them to be applied to another team
if and when the former members join a different team.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net