[RC5] NT 4.0 service client - auto start/stop?

Colbeck, Andrew AColbeck at bentall.com
Wed Jul 14 12:38:18 EDT 1999

In addition to Bruce's excellent advice, you also need to fire up your User
Manager for Domains, then pull down Policies/User Rights.

Turn on "Show Advanced User Rights".

Whichever account you decide to run the Schedule service as, you must also
give it explicit permission to the Advanced User Right, "Log on as a
Service".

Try not to resort to using your Administrator account to do this; create a
specific account and give it exactly the *minimum* rights it will need for
all the tasks you wish to schedule!

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net