[RC5] SETI@home and RC5

John Cullen john.cullen at portoeditora.pt
Thu Jul 22 11:28:11 EDT 1999

Yes, I also run both SETI and RC5. I never bothered to benchmark things,
so I'm not sure what sort of performance hit I get in either, but in
terms of normal day to day use there's no problem (btw, NT4.0(SP5) WS,
192MB, PII-450.) I also got a *massive* increase in seti by disabling
the graphics in the screensaver (I only use in screensaver mode - when
used as a foreground task I noticed a significant impact on other
programs responsiveness.)

John