[RC5] NT 4.0 service client - auto start/stop?

C. Baker Pacific at pacific-steel.com
Wed Jul 28 00:05:08 EDT 1999

>Is there someone out there who has successfully done this sort of thing
>and can give me some pointers?

I use the SC.EXE utility included in the Resource Kit to do it.
(To get it to work, I had to have the AT service on my machine
running as an administrator)
A Sample AT command is:
      SC \\COMPUTERNAME START Bovrc5nt >> stuff.log
or    SC \\COMPUTERNAME STOP Bovrc5nt >> stuff.log

Just typing SC with no arguments will give you the instructions.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net