[RC5] seti@home

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Mon Jun 7 19:25:37 EDT 1999

We believe that there's two causes for our growth stopping. First, it's the
end of the school year, which means that many students will not have net
access until they return to school. Though a bit hard to see now, this effect
also took place last year, you can look at the keyrate graphs
(http://www.distributed.net/statistics/rc5-64.html) to see it. Second, a
number of our users have stated that they would be switching to SETI at HOME once
it was out.

One thing to note is that we are still gaining ~300 new participants per day.
This means that as soon as we see the last of people leaving for SETI, our
keyrate should resume it's climb. As for students away from the net for the
summer, they'll be back around September. :)

Moo!
dB!