[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #291

Richard J. Straka straka at lucent.com
Mon Jun 7 17:03:29 EDT 1999

There is a utility for the Mac called "Alertia" which does this, but
ostensibly more efficient, fully-featured and is 100% freeware - an
unbeatable combination:

 http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Archive/gui/alertia-102.hqx

> Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 21:20:47 -0500
> From: "Aaron Swartz"
> Subject: Re: [RC5] Macintosh
>
> > One problem with 1.6fc1: a message on startup that it has not been tested on
> > Mac OS 8.6, which needs to be dismissed. I get around this by installing the
> > shareware macro program KeyQuencer Lite (from www.binarysoft.com) and
> > writing an AppleScript which opens rc5des, then dismisses the error message.
> > Put an alias of that AppleScript into the Startup Items folder instead.
>
> Another possibility is to download the freeware Okey Dokey Pro. In addition
> to having the advantage that it is $30 cheaper than KeyQuencer Lite, it also
> comes in useful in other situations. Plus, it can easily be set to only
> dismiss the dialog box of a certain program (i.e. the client).

Rich Straka
Lucent Computing Resource Architecture

According to FCC's ARMIS, Lucent's 5ESS(R) switch has only 10 seconds of
attributable downtime per system per year. That's better than "6 nines"
(99.99996829%) uptime reliability!

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net