[RC5] Mac OS 8.6 compatible client?

JavaBeanz javabeanz at javabeanz.com
Wed Jun 9 21:02:59 EDT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Gary L. Gray <gray at engr.psu.edu>
To: <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 1999 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [RC5] Mac OS 8.6 compatible client?

> The current client works, we have found that you simply have to
> increase the memory allocated to it. You will find that the current
> client is noticeably slower with 8.5 than it was with 8.5.
>   Gary L. Gray                 Engineering Science & Mechanics

Slower? That is opposite of what I found on my iMac 266.

After the 8.6 upgrade, my RC5 client runs faster, by close to 5%. The only
annoying thing is the warning message when starting about the client not
having been tested with this version of the OS.

Gari...
javabeanz at javabeanz.com
http://www.javabeanz.com
Team #!Safehaven