[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #292

David Cantrell david at wirestation.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 11:23:16 EDT 1999

Seth asked:

> Ummm, even on a 28.8 it shouldn't matter that much.  I'm on dial-up as
> well, and it'd take at least a 100K message before I'd notice/get annoyed
> that it was too large.  Is that the problem, it's taking too long to
> download for your mail client, or are you reading it through some type of
> UNIX shell?

The problem is more that it takes too damned long to scroll past
seventeen feet of quoted crap.  It annoys me, even on the end of a 2Mb
line.  Quoting more than is necessary is rude, inconsiderate, and a
sign of utter incompetence.

--
David Cantrell - http://www.ThePentagon.com/NukeEmUp

There is no problem that can't be made more enjoyable by
sacrificing sales-weasels.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net