[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #292

Jason Waugh apsyrtes at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 18 08:07:46 EDT 1999

> Ummm, even on a 28.8 it shouldn't matter that much.  I'm on
> dial-up as well,

"it shouldn't matter that much" is a pretty poor attitude... think of how
many hundreds of thousands of e-mails/news group posts/etc. per day are sent
with unnecessary quoting?  That adds up to a LOT of bandwidth.  There is no
need to hit 'reply', type a few words in response and then leave the
entirety of the post you are replying to in tact afterwards. It makes no
sense; the idea of quoting is that you take a snippet of the post so people
know what point you are replying to...

> was too large.  Is that the problem, it's taking too long to download for
> your mail client, or are you reading it through some type of UNIX shell?

I don't see how this makes a difference.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net