[RC5] Re:Tierra

Scott Campbell pondafarr at goodthing.net
Thu Jun 17 22:27:23 EDT 1999

I went to the Tierra site yesterday. basicly, Tierra is a distributed
Artificial Life system. It lives on a protected sub-web of the internet on a
network of specially coded clients (ie, it cannot live on any system, unless
the client is installed) and uses spare clock cycles to grow, migrate across
the network nodes, and mutate.

This has two major points to it, 1) it is a DISTRIBUTED life system, taking
place across several networked nodes, and a few modem-linked computers.
2) it is Artificial Life, and the study into genetic mutations (ie, how Life
began)

Both of these are currently high-priority research areas.

Rockbiter