[RC5] Spam ideas

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Sun Jun 20 12:43:59 EDT 1999

Yes, there are currently issues with the listmode functionality on stats...
please see my most recent .plan update
(http://n0cgi.distributed.net/cgi/dnet-finger.cgi?user=decibel) for more info. I
have a feeling that I won't be able to fix some of this stuff without Nugget's
help, and he's out of town until Tuesday.

Moo!
dB!

John Campbell wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> >
> > Another suggestion was to assign all participants an ID of some sort. We're
> > way ahead of you on this... all participants do have a numeric ID, which is
> > used to conserve space in the database. Also, you can change your listing
> > so that is shows you as 'Participant #39766' or whatever your ID is.
> >
>         Does this function actually work? I've tried several times and I've
> been unable to get it to list me using my real name... I've been able to
> change other parts of my configuration, but it's still listing me using my
> email address. I don't have a big problem with that, but, for those that do,
> it's hardly a solution if it doesn't work...

<SNIP>

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net