[RC5] Why I am discouraged with d.net

Aaron Swartz aswartz at swartzfam.com
Sun Jun 20 14:07:37 EDT 1999

> Why do I always see a message
> saying that "...useful stats" will be available soon. d.net is certainly a
> more noble project. Noble indeed because it at least has a foreseeable
> ending. Unfortunantly only SETI provides the statistical reporting that this
> rookie and my pals require. Let me know when this gets fixed and I will be
> more than happy to donate my processor's time.

Preliminary stats are up! You should be able to see your contribution, just
do a search on your "Distributed.net ID" -- the email address you put into
your D.net client. There are still some problems to be worked out but
individual statistics are available. Go to:
<http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/>

Aaron

-- Bill Gates on the Mac --
To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit
different; it takes something that's really new, and really captures
peoples' imagination.

And the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever seen, is the only one
that meets that standard.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net