[RC5] spam

Stefan Bujnak stefan_bujnak at geocities.com
Sat Jun 19 18:08:04 EDT 1999

Hello Dave,

Friday, 18.06.1999, you wrote to RC5:
D> The problem with converting it to GIF or something like that is bandwidth. I
D> mean, how are they gonna store some 175,000 GIF files? Thats WAY too many,
D> and the bandwidth waste is a lot because you have t transfer thse gifs over
D> the the user, and they have to wait, and you have to be able to keep up with
D> all the requests. I mean, it's a good idea if you didn't have to waste so
D> much bandwidth.
I just tried to generate such gif file and size is pretty small
for name: rockodog at geocities.com GIF file takes only 176 B
(small font 7, Black & white)
Check out http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Crete/2937/file/adr1.gif

If it will be generated dynamicly there is no storage problem for server.

Stefan

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net