[RC5] Remove Mac OS compatibilty alert

RogerKIWI at aol.com RogerKIWI at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 08:00:38 EDT 1999

In a message dated 21/6/99 4:24:02 AM, berrytech at bigfoot.com writes:

>For those of us running the Mac OS client on Mac OS 8.6 and are tired of
>
>seeing the compatibility alert, it can be removed by following these
>simple instructions:
>
>http://www.resexcellence.com/06-18-99.shtml

And if you want to remove that warning AND go faster, then go to

<A
HREF="http://n0cgi.distributed.net/cgi/dnet-finger.cgi?user=sampo">distributed
.net - Finger
</A>

and click the link there to dowload the latest client beta.
(This was reported on MacNewsNetwork (<A
HREF="http://www.macnn.com/">MacNewsNetwork
</A>) last week.)

My G3/300 powered 8500 ran

992 kkey/sec using the current client and OS 8.5.1
970 kkey/sec after the upgrade to 8.6 that introduced that warning dialog
1006 kkey/sec after getting the beta client linked from that above page.

Cheers

Roger

PS Anyone know where "missing" blocks go? Yesterday I submitted 2654 blocks
run on 4 different machines, all from buffers that I'd downloaded within the
last 4-5 days. ONLY 2234 were allocated to my name -  a difference of 420 or
nearly 16%.

This is an extreme example of what is a very common occurence - I am rarely
credited for all the blocks I submit (not withstanding random blocks for
which I almost never seem to get credit).

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net