[RC5] If you were writing our next client...

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Wed May 5 21:05:22 EDT 1999

On Mon, 3 May 1999 22:37:59 +0300 (EET DST), Ilmari Karonen wrote:

>[2] Wot? Scrolling a browser window (normal priority) starves MODPlug
>player (real-time priority) of cycles? Wouldn't believe it if I hadn't
>heard it myself - sheer bloody idiocy, I say!

>From what I can tell, that's actually the video card driver turning off
interrupts while it transfers data to the video card.  With my old
video card I could notice the difference between using the generic
drivers (which caused no skipping), to the video card company's
drivers, which caused skipping during scroll.  So, it's not really
microsoft's problem here.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at silby.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net