Odp: [RC5] If you were writing our next client...

Roby Van Hoye DeRoby at mail.dma.be
Thu May 6 15:38:10 EDT 1999

At 11:02 04/05/99 +0200, Amigo wrote:

>>[1] Amiga task priorities range from -128 to 127, with nicer tasks having
>>lower priorities. The default priority is 0, I suppose the Amiga d.net
>>client (never tried it myself) runs somewhere below -100.
>

>Exactly at -20, -10 or 0 (three levels of 'nice' process).

I already guessed something like that, although you could go from -127 to
128 I think -20 to 20 were to be considered the outer limits of real-life
situations. (I guess a process running at -100 will still get whetever CPU
is free, but a program running at 100 is likely to take over your
computer...) Hmm, I really should get my A4000 back up and running,
although the keyrates won't be impressive I think... any numbers available ?
Cu
Roby.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net