[RC5] Key Rate Question

Sean Porterfield sporte at esn.net
Wed May 5 22:34:54 EDT 1999

>    Why are the Cyrix and AMD chips faster than my Intel Pentium?
> [... snip ...]
> But my experience has been the opposite. Anyone see similar results?
>
> I have a AMD K62-450 running Solaris 7 that keys 750,000 keys/sec. I
> expected something over a million.

I have an AMD K6-2/350 running Linux (Red Hat 5.1) that gets around 590Kk/s
which is comparable to my Intel PII-266 running Win95.  That indicates to me
that the Intel chip is faster.  (Although when I compile, it seems faster on
the AMD...)

FWIW
--
Get your website today from http://www.porterfield.net/