Odp: [RC5] If you were writing our next client...

j.girvin at kainos.com j.girvin at kainos.com
Tue May 11 12:57:59 EDT 1999

From: Roby Van Hoye <DeRoby at mail.dma.be>
>Hmm, I really should get my A4000 back up and running,
>although the keyrates won't be impressive I think...
>any numbers available ?

Depends on the CPU ;) A 68030 40Mhz does about 12KK/s with
the current 68k cores, but I have new ones (not yet in any
clients AFAIK) that boost that chip to a huge 15KK/s.

Other 68k CPUs are more efficient though - a 68060 50Mhz
does 119KK/s currently and 153KK/s with the new core.

http://www.girvnet.freeserve.co.uk/amiga/proj_rc564.html
for benchmarks on other 68k chips in Amigas & info on
the new 68k cores.

/John.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net