[RC5] Re: CPU Heat Dissipation

Chris Eaton tridus at inforamp.net
Tue May 11 15:40:46 EDT 1999

At 01:40 PM 09/05/99 , you wrote:
>Would it be a bad thing to run the client on a laptop, concerning the heat?

I run the client on my laptop as my primary computer (its what i'm writing this
on right now). If your laptop doesn't have any heat problems normally, the
client shouldn't cause a problem. If your cooling isn't terribly good and heat
does pose a problem for you, I wouldn't recommend running it. Also, I usually
turn it off when i go to batteries for a while, because on my laptop the fan
only comes on when the system heats up, and by not running Rc5, I do generate
less heat.

Best bet is to try it and see how it works for you.
--
"The game leaves out one much-needed feature: the ability to have
Blizzard contact your friends and relatives every few days and let

    -3d Gaming Net, referring to Starcraft: Brood War

Chris
http://home.inforamp.net/~tridus

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net