[RC5] Re: CPU Heat Dissipation

Lothar Kimmeringer kimmerin at online.de
Wed May 12 23:50:36 EDT 1999

On Sun, 9 May 1999 19:40:16 +0200, Rolu wrote:

>Would it be a bad thing to run the client on a laptop, concerning the heat?

I've got an old notebook, that I'm using (not only)
for rc5des. There is no real problem, but it seems,
that the fan isn't built for running 24/7. Right now
it's getting louder and louder.

As long as the fan is able to cool the cpu enough
for running with 100% all the time, there is AFAIK
no problem.
But because of the limited space in a notebook, it's
not that easy to keep things cool (the pcmcia-card,
that is right next to the cpu, is getting _very_
hot). All other components doesn't have any problem
keep running.

Regards

Lothar

Lothar Kimmeringer                          E-Mail: kimmerin at online.de