[RC5] So long RC5, hello SETI

N. H. hopper at jewishmail.com
Sun May 16 23:18:33 EDT 1999

>By the way, it reminds me a bit of a program I used to play with in
>good old days. LOOKBUSY.COM
>
>Chirping data...
>Computing Fast Fourier Transformation...
>
>LOOKBUY had more fancy blinking lights. ;)

Regardless, I'm sold. I've dropped RC5 off all my computers and installed SETI. It's a lot more worthwhile, and I like the screensaver aspect. The damned RC5 slows the computer down so much.

It's nice to have a screensaver kick in and work at 100% when I'm not working as opposed to slowing me down.

Maybe if the new clients had been finished in a reasonable time, I might have stayed and not strayed. But, it looks like the SETI project is solid enough so I'm sticking with it.

Regards,
Nathan Hopper

JEWISHMAIL: a service of the Jewish Communication Network, http://www.jcn18.com.