[RC5] seti project

Martin Harvey martin at aziraphale.demon.co.uk
Mon May 17 20:10:38 EDT 1999

Michael Kalus wrote:

> Actually it is out since last night... but for running in Background
> mode it isn't very "nice" :(

What worried me is that, while running it and having a look with WinNT
task manager, it appears to spend about 50% of it's time in kernel mode.
What on earth is it doing making so many API calls? I would have thought
that the dominant activity of doing calculations wouldall be in user
mode in the app, and that making large numbers of windows calls degrades
performance appreciably. Any ideas?

MH.

--
Martin Harvey.