[RC5] So long RC5, hello SETI

bachrach bachrach at bigfoot.com
Mon May 17 21:09:12 EDT 1999

After trying to run SETI I can say with earnesty that I really hope d.net
does NOT try and model any of there new clients after SETI. SETI has a lot
of junk bells and whistles. This also means that you need a minimum of 32
meg of ram and a new computer just to run the damn thing, along with a
resolution of 800x600. (I'm sure they also detract from the client speed).
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that d.net is running on my old computer(s)
in the back room that I don't really use muc any more. Most of my blocks
come from computers with 16 meg or ram or less. (In fact, at this point all
of them do since overheating has forced me to stop running it on my AMD,
which is my main computer). Also, I don't want to have to change my
resolution just to appease some stupid client, if it can't run on my current
monitor and resolution, then forget it, I'm not changing the resolution back
every time I want to use the computer.
keep it simple, keep it black and white, keep it fast.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net