[RC5] seti project

Mike Reed mike.reed at cwcom.net
Wed May 19 19:55:35 EDT 1999

> You have to realize that this is the first release, i'm sure that
many of
> these issues will be address later.  How much faster are the d.net
clients
> now than they were a year ago?

Scott,

You have to say, how much faster are they now than they were two years
ago. Just look at the DES improvement on MMX processors.

The core guys put in a lot of effort, and they know those chips inside
out (it seems that way to me).

I wonder when we're going to see Bruce Ford's weekly stats again. I
always found them a good progress meter (they help shatter Moore's
Law).

All the best,
Mike

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net