[RC5] seti project

RogerKIWI at aol.com RogerKIWI at aol.com
Wed May 19 15:31:25 EDT 1999

In a message dated 19/5/99 12:58:55 PM, sdodson at gateway.net writes:

>You have to realize that this is the first release, i'm sure that many
>of
>these issues will be address later.  How much faster are the d.net clients
>now than they were a year ago?

Well at a guess I'd say my Mac is running at least 10% slower (maybe more)
with the newest dnet client (.432) than it was with the Andrew Meggs client
of a year ago.

And that doesn't include the ~2.5% hit (down from 992 kkey/sec to 967
kkey/sec) it's just taken with the upgrade to OS 8.6 where the Finder uses
more cycles while in the background.

Roger <----- 8500/150 with a 300 MHz G3 upgrade card in it

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net