[RC5] Newsgroup (was Re: [RC5] seti project - MAKE IT STOP!)

David Taylor rc5 at xfiles.nildram.co.uk
Sun May 23 21:34:49 EDT 1999

> I have been thinking for a while about the advantages of having a d.net News
> Group. It would be unmoderated, allow various threaded discussions, update
> quicker, lost of people use news, etc. It would be a good middle point
> between the IRC channel and the mail lists.
>
> Is this possible? Is this a good idea? Any comments?

I have always thought a distributed.net newsgroup would be a good idea..
Though for some reason or another its always never been done...

I don't see what would be wrong with something like:

comp.distributed.dcti or something.. which would allow for
comp.distributed.setiathome

or

comp.distributed.dcti.des
comp.distributed.dcti.announce
comp.distributed.dcti.rc5
comp.distributed.dcti.[ogr,client,proxy,you get the idea]

--
David Taylor
E-Mail:	dtaylor at nildram.co.uk.spam
ICQ:	268004