[RC5] seti project - MAKE IT STOP!

Chris Eaton tridus at inforamp.net
Mon May 24 14:58:35 EDT 1999

At 04:26 PM 22/05/99 , you wrote:
>I have been thinking for a while about the advantages of having a d.net News
>Group. It would be unmoderated, allow various threaded discussions, update
>quicker, lost of people use news, etc. It would be a good middle point
>between the IRC channel and the mail lists.
>
>Is this possible? Is this a good idea? Any comments?

The only problem I see with adding a newsgroup is people who will use either
the newsgroup or the mailing list, but not both. Then we get discussions only
on one side, or replies that only some people see.

If we moved to a newsgroup instead of a mailing list, that might make sense..
although I can't logon to my ISP's news server when I logon to a different isp
(which happens a lot actually), whereas I can get my email from anywhere.

Really its the users of the list who decide where this stuff should end up, so
the best bet is probably just to ask everyone on the list.
--
"The game leaves out one much-needed feature: the ability to have
Blizzard contact your friends and relatives every few days and let

    -3d Gaming Net, referring to Starcraft: Brood War

Chris
http://home.inforamp.net/~tridus

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net