[RC5] seti project - MAKE IT STOP!

Ed Wensell III aka THE StormRaiser EWENSELL at pstcc.cc.tn.us
Tue May 25 23:35:56 EDT 1999

=> The only problem I see with adding a newsgroup is people who will use either
=> the newsgroup or the mailing list, but not both. Then we get discussions only
=> on one side, or replies that only some people see.

=> If we moved to a newsgroup instead of a mailing list, that might make sense..
=> although I can't logon to my ISP's news server when I logon to a different isp
=> (which happens a lot actually), whereas I can get my email from anywhere.

Unless, of course, the list/group is set up right so one is an access point
for the other. Sorta like how messages posted to comp.os.vms go to the
Info-VAX mailing list, and vice versa. Some groups have had problems with
spam using this setup (like Innosoft's PMDF mailing list/group), but it
wouldn't be a problem here as long as use of a moderator is continued.

Now, to be a really cool list, it would also need a web interface. Sorta
like the current list archives, but with post capabilities.

Until soon...
Ed Wensell III
Systems and Operations Support, Pellissippi State
http://www.pstcc.cc.tn.us/departments/sos

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net