[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #287

Daniel Shariatmadari dan1 at lucent.com
Thu May 27 10:27:42 EDT 1999

Hi all,

Well that's it for me. After 30000 blocks and 180 days I'm retiring. I know this
is small compared to most peoples efforts, but it seems alot to me! I mean, I
know rc5 runs in the background so you can forget about it, but checking the
stats page first thing in the morning, wondering how I could increase my keyrate
and general key cracking anxiety became a way of life for me. When I read emails
by fresh young crackers excited and enthusiastic about keyrates and all that, my
heart fills with longing for the time when I felt that buzz. Will they be as
keen in 180 days? After deciding to give up rc5 I felt a great wait(spelling
intended) off my shoulders - I mean it is taking rather a long time isn't it?
Aren't we in danger of proving to governments that 64bit encryption restrictions
are in fact sufficient? In the words of I'm sure many famous songs, Does anyone
feel the way I do????????

Regards,

dan1 at lucent.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net