[RC5] Macintosh

Michael Clark mbclark at softhome.net
Sun May 30 12:00:25 EDT 1999

I apologize to Seth and whoever else is involved in the Distributed Mac web
site. Seth is correct that the site is not nearly two years out of date.
The index page is only ten months old; the stats page is only 17 months
old; the projects page is only 16 months old; the articles page is 11
months old; the about page is 18 months old; etc...

My question stands though, does anyone out there have any comments on
running the Distributed.Net RC5 client? I am interested in all aspects of
running the software, such as installation, system resource usage, etc...
Since the faceless clients are dated July 1998 and the GUI clients are
Jan/Feb 1999 I am sure that someone must be using them. Is there a mailing
list for Macintosh distributed software users? I thought there used to be
but I can't find it now. Thanks for any help or pointers. Mike

At 08:38 AM 5/30/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On 5/29/1999 10:34 AM, Michael Clark (mbclark at softhome.net) wrote:
>
>>Any word on how the RC5 clients are doing on the Macintosh? Next week I am
>>starting a new job at an office that is entirely Macintosh and they are
>>interested in running the client. The http://www.distributed-mac.net pages
>>are nearly two years out of date.
>
>How exactly does August 3, 1998 to May 29, 1999 equate to almost two
>years?
>
>Less than 10 months, perhaps, but not anywhere close to two years.
>
>Seth

---
Please do not add my e-mail address to any mailing lists.
http://www.PlanetMike.com/
Only 216 days until the year 2000!

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net