[RC5] Quick question

Dennis Lubert plasmahh at dialup.nacamar.de
Mon Nov 1 16:39:37 EST 1999

I have a 450 MHz K6-III with 100 MHz FSB, and when using MSDOS, I get ~6-8
kkeys/s more than under Win98 SE (without any app in the background), so I
don't think that this makes much difference when u r doing nothing else
than RC5 with ur PC. At the moment I am working with a 200MMX (making
things for school etc.) and I boot it into DOS at night because when
running this I get ~30 kkeys/s more than under Win, so I think the faster
CPUs will not hav much difference between Win32 and DOS mode, because they
need the same amount of CPu-cycles for task switching, but since one thread
cycle takes 20ms under Win32 that is not so much (in %) with a faster CPU.