[RC5] MS Proxy configuration problem

Albert Zvara Albert.Zvara at colesmyer.com.au
Wed Nov 3 10:00:40 EST 1999

I use MS Proxy and have no problems accessing the internet with the client.
The configuration is as follows:

Set up the Distributed.net client as normal.
add the following file into the same directory as the dist.net (Rc5des.exe)
executable:

Wspcfg.ini

   [Rc5des]
   ServerBindTCPPorts=2064
   Persistent=1
   KillOldSession=1

As long as the user logged on the PC running the client has WinProxy
permissions, you will have internet access.  I've extended this a little
further, by running my own dist.net proxy, with Internet access via the
above INI file and all other clients protected by MsProxy, but talking to
the dist.ini proxy.

It works for me ;)

Alby