[RC5] Quick question

Pedro J. Cabrera pjcabrera at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 3 10:17:43 EST 1999

> Is it fair to say that using MS-DOS, DrDOS, PCDOS
> or other single user os would add to speed?

Your assumption is correct.

In fact, before I leave my computer to go to sleep, I flush and fetch my
last set of blocks for the night, then reboot to a simple single user linux
off of a floppy.  My start-up scripts mount the appropriate partitions of
off the hard disk and runs d.net using the blocks I just downloaded.  In the
morning, I shut down d.net, reboot, and flush/fetch about 15 to 20 blocks,
instead of the 12 to 15 I used to get if I left my regular Linux setup or
Windows running at night.

--
Pedro J. Cabrera
pjcabrera at mindspring.com