[RC5] K6-2 MMX RC5 core

Dmitri Besedin nickms at com2com.ru
Sun Nov 7 20:16:09 EST 1999

Greetings,

Anybody knows how it's going on with the RC5 MMX core for the AMD K6-2 CPU.
I've just upgraded my 2nd PC, K6 233 to K6-2 266 which I've overclocked to
333 MHz. Now it works a little bit faster, making 578 Kkeys/sec (the keyrate
was 405 Kkeys/sec before). I've read previously that implementing the MMX
core for K6-2 could make it faster at RC5. Is it true, and how much gain
could we expect? Were there any attempts to implement this core in the RC5
clients?

Thanks,
Dmitri

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net