[RC5] MS Proxy configuration problem

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Wed Nov 3 19:48:23 EST 1999

Depends on many things:
1) is proxy authentication enabled - if not then anyone can use it
2) is "winsock proxy" installed - if this is installed it works like
NAT and you have direct internet access on any ports that are opened on
the proxy.  Problem with using this for web access is that there is no
caching.
3) is plain-text enabled - if not, no application outside of IE will
have internet access, if so then you can use the login/password to
allow other apps to access net through http proxy.