[RC5] New distributed computing idea

Dan Waldron wald7330 at mach1.wlu.ca
Mon Nov 15 17:11:33 EST 1999

Automating this would defeat the entire purpose of writing letters:  to
demonstrate that people are aware of the human rights injustices and
willing to make the effort to protest them.  There is no point in sending
letters unless we are willing to make the effort to become familiar, even
in a very minimal way, with the case involved.  A letter automatically
sent by a computer without human interaction means nothing, and would
actually hurt the international letter-writing campaigns by casting doubt
on their validity.

Dan Waldron