[RC5] G4 client speed report

Jerome Lamarque globulle at club-internet.fr
Wed Nov 17 03:17:59 EST 1999

À (At) 11:04 -0500 12/11/1999, Ryan Malayter écrivait (wrote) :

>Using the current Mac Client, I'm getting 1485 KKeys/sec on my brand
>new G4-450, running MacOS 8.6.
>
>This compares to 1409 KKeys/sec on my PIII-500 running NT4.

And to my G4/400 1328 KKeys at work among others.

>So the G4's pretty tough already... but hopefully someone can figure
>a way to use the Altivec and integer cores at the same time to make
>the G4 REALLY scream.

A new client is still in the works. As I know the coders are working
hard at it. Maybe they are delaying it because of CSC integration.
I've been told this version of the core would force a new version for
_all_ PowerPC platforms.

CUL8er under water.

--
Jerome "globule" Lamarque	French TidBITS translators team member
"In life there are three kinds of people.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net