[RC5] Effect of CSC on RC5?

Basil A. Daoust daoust at attglobal.net
Thu Nov 18 12:57:25 EST 1999

Well for me I've added computers to work on csc that were on SETI.
If you want to talk about a task with no end that has to be SETI.
So switching from RC5-64 to SETI seems to me like a step backwards.

It will be interesting to see csc stats like the rc5-stats where they
list everyone, groups, percent of keyspace completed etc...

To me it looks like dnet was not quiet ready to start this project
but though they better since someone else took up the challenge.

Someone suggested 9 days, before we new that csc would be slower than
rc5-64.  But maybe this is still valid if more computers are assigned
to csc because of the potential short time line.

I have 10 wimpy computers all working on csc right now.
fastest is a lowly PII-300, slowest is a 486-66 which is brutal :-)

So in closing I say "SHOW ME THE STATS".
I tried to check to see how much work stopped on rc5 but the 17th stats
were still not posted when I checked.

Basil