[RC5] CSC Clients Picking Wrong Cores?

Andy Mucho andy at software-superstars.com
Mon Nov 22 15:56:04 EST 1999

Works fine on a P2 as well..
*EXCEPT*
My only question is that I get an ever increasing key-rate as the day rolls
on.. On a dual P2-350 the key-rate starts of at 340kk/s but 4 hours later
the keyrate is typically up to around 700kk/s, eventually topping out after
about 14 hours at 770kk/s..
What's up? The machine recieves a pretty steady amount of free time during
the day, and this morning has hardly been used, yet exhibits the same kind
of ramping up of kk/s..
The Benchmark clocks in at 500kk/s..
RC5 on the same machine, experiencing the same useage used to sit pretty
much around its benchmark speed all the time..

Not worrying, but puzzling nonetheless.

AndyM

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net