[RC5] Re: loadwatch and dnetc

Stephan Niemz st.n at gmx.net
Tue Nov 23 17:57:19 EST 1999

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 04:57:06PM +0200, Ville Nummela wrote:
> I've used loadwatch to pause the rc5 client while the computer is doing
> something else. Does anyone have a clue why it doesn't work with the
> new dnetc clients, and is there any way to make it work?

    Rc5 or dnetc already runs at the lowest priority unless you configured
it not to do so. So what sense does it make to use yet another tool to
control resources? The kernel does that job pretty well (hopefully, at
least), since dnetc/rc5 uses almost no other resources than CPU time.
(Only one meg memory and a few bytes of disk I/O every once in a while.)

    - Stephan.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net