[RC5] CSC

Filipe Joel Almeida fja at mail.nbporto.novabase.pt
Wed Nov 24 10:14:35 EST 1999

Well, I'm a Computer Consultant, and among my company and some private
clients, I have 9 Pc's running Dnetc, and 86 running SETI.

Why? Because people like to see those weird graphics, and think it's very
funny.

I've tried to convince them to use Dnetc, but they say they use SETI just
because they like it, not to REALLY try to find Alliens. I've showed them
the DNetc client and they say there's no fun in it. I know that such a
graphical output is a damn waste of CPU time, but thinking of the number of
people we could bring in with it, shouldn't we at least start thinking about
giving people the OPTION to use one?

I wouldn't use it im my machine, of course. The client I have is good enough
for me... but I go crazy thinking about the people I could bring into the
team if I could show them a nice, pretty graphical interface that 'showed'
them that they're helping to working on something 'real important' although
they don't understand what the Hell means what shows up in the screen.

That's the SETI effect.

IMHO that would really push us forward, but that's just me!!! (anyone else
thinks the same???)

Filipe Joel Almeida