[RC5] Re: loadwatch and dnetc

Jean-Jack M. Riethoven pow at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 10:08:09 EST 1999

> On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 04:57:06PM +0200, Ville Nummela wrote:
> > I've used loadwatch to pause the rc5 client while the
> computer is doing
>
>     Rc5 or dnetc already runs at the lowest priority unless
> you configured
> it not to do so. So what sense does it make to use yet another tool to
> control resources?

When running dnet on a machine that is being used as a LSF (or whatever
other) load sharing client it is a must. Else the machine would have
high load averages all the time, and since these are taking into account
whether or not to spawn a job to that machine....

With loadwatch you can curtail dnet's activity in such a way that you
can shut it down whenever the load becomes too high (for jobs to spawn).

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net