[RC5] Re: loadwatch and dnetc

Richard Lee King Jr. eunuch57 at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 25 08:46:10 EST 1999

don't know about nt but on 98 if dnet is running at all
the cpu load is 99%. running dnet should always
make load monitoring think the system is maxed out.
if you are using dnet in a distributed load network,
i could see where it could cause a problem when
selecting which box to spawn a process on, but
i don't see the point of using load watch unless
you want to kill the client when ANY process
is started. then we get back to the fact that an
idle client only takes up a couple k of  memory
and a few hundred cpu cycles per second. if
all this is still a problem then maybe its time
to look for a less resource critical lan to use.