[RC5] MacOS G4 AltiVec client in Beta

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Tue Nov 30 00:17:44 EST 1999

There was a discussion here a few weeks ago about the possible use of the speedy AltiVec G4 core for RC5 cracking. Well, it looks like it will happen... here's a snippet from vetere's .plan on the d.net website:

Plan:
:: 28-Nov-1999 18:50 (Sunday) ::
Dan Oetting has developed an AltiVec RC5 core. Tester Joseph McLean, who
has a Sawtooth machine, reported:

"Well now, it's working FINE and dandy on my G4/400. 4.5 Mkeys a second!
I scored 1.3 before! I'm sitting here watching a 2^32 block get cracked
right before my eyes..."

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net