[RC5] MS Proxy configuration problem

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Sun Oct 31 21:55:31 EST 1999

We (unfortunately) use MS Proxy.  The proxy can be configured to only
use NT Authentication which disallows plain-text authentication, thus
normal apps like Netscape, d.net client/proxy, etc. won't work with
this mode.  Only IE works with it.  You can enable plain-text
authentication in the proxy but the way it works is goofy...

--
Colin Hildinger
Design Engineer

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net