[RC5] Network: Failed to create network socket

Eno Jon enojon at delphi.com
Mon Oct 11 09:30:44 EDT 1999

If located behind a firewall, the latest CLI seems incapable
of penetrating the wall (even if given LAN Admin permission), too.
I am repeatedly receiving the "Network:  Failed to create network
socket"  ... "TCP/IP services not available"... on a machine from
which I can surf without problem.  I've also ensured that I have
designated the correct http:// proxy servers behind the firewall,
and I can surf http: without difficulty.