[RC5] stats XML output

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Mon Oct 18 14:38:25 EDT 1999

The following message was sent to rc5 at lists, and I thought I'd supply the
answer to everyone else who is doing 'stats scripting'.

While XML might be a neat feature to impliment on stats, there is a good
alternative in place right now. Many of the pages have script friendly
versions available, such as phistory_raw.php3. All the pages that have
_raw versions available make note of it in the page source code via an
HTML comment. For example:

<!-- IMPORTANT NOTE TO SCRIPTERS!
     This page, like many stats pages, has a version which is far more suitable
     for machine parsing.  Please try the url:
     http://stats.distributed.net/rc5-64/phistory_raw.php3?id=39622
-->

Moo!
dB!

----- Forwarded message from owner-rc5 at lists.distributed.net -----
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 22:51:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Christopher Hicks <chicks at chicks.net>

The existance of scripts that utilize data from the statsbox begs for a
way to output the data in XML.  This would significantly ease the task of
programming such extensions and help maintain their resilience to changes
to the stats pages.  :-)

--
</chris>

        "Around the World, through the modem, over the T-1
        lines, past the NAP, nothing but Net...."

----- End forwarded message -----

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net